Radiohead are playing a surprise show at the Glastonbury Festival this evening (20h, G.M.T.).
The band was rumoured to fill the surprise spot for a while, but the appearance remained uncertain till a Radiohead spokesperson confirmed this afterrnoon. The band will play Park Stage, the same stage where Thom and Jonny showed up last year.
Day one of Glastonbury will see performances from U2, Morrissey, Wu-Tang Clan, Mumford & Sons and Primal Scream.
01 Lotus Flower
02 15 Step
03 Good Morning Mr. Magpie
04 Little By Little
05 All I Need
07 Give Up The Ghost
10 I Might Be Wrong
13 Daily Mail
14 Street Spirit
Clive Deamer was added as a sixth member of the band and played almost all of the songs with the band as an extra drummer. Thom Yorke said the band had been ‘really nervous’ about this gig. They seemed to have a few sound problems during Lotus Flower at Glastonbury.
BBC explains why the Radiohead show wasn’t broadcast: “Radiohead told us that they wanted their set to be a special live moment for fans. They didn’t want it to be filmed. Apologies.”
Crowd waiting for Radiohead:
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Live in London – Night 1 [live report] – 2008
- Radiohead From The Basement on iTunes – 2008
- Bono: ‘In Rainbows’ release was courageous – 2008
- Editors on Radiohead – 2007
- Radiohead in Berkeley – Night 2 Live Report – 2006
- Radiohead news: cleaning out the mailbox – 2006
- Radiohead nominated for TEC Awards – 2004
- Essay on ‘How to disappear completely’ – 2004
- Enter the Loophole – 2003
- Hurricane Festival setlist – 2003