Fresh off providing XFM with the 25 minute MoneyBack mix, Thom Yorke guested on Gilles Peterson’s radio show this evening where he played a whole stack of great music (Thom’s playlist is here) and shed some light on future plans for both Radiohead and Atoms For Peace.
The main Radiohead news, which Ed had perviously mentioned, is that the band are planning on heading out on the road in 2012. They are hoping the tour will include drummer Clive Deamer who appeared with Radiohead at Glastonbury back in June and on their recent From The Basement session (and who may or may not be with them in New York next week?).
Thom also mentioned that his other band, Atoms For Peace (you know, the one with Flea that toured a couple years back), are in the process of finishing off a record with an unknown release date at this time. So perhaps there will be some more shows from AFP next year as well.
You can listen to the entire radio show here for other tidbits and some pretty great music (including the Jamie xx remix of Bloom which many have been eagerly awaiting).
So, that’s a whole bunch of Radiohead news this week. When it rains, it pours. See you Saturday night for SNL.
Radiohead news on this day..
- 20 Years ago today: Radiohead release Creep – 2012
- R.E.M. – R.I.P. It’s the end of the world as we know it… – 2011
- Thom Yorke nominated for MTVU Award – 2007
- Beck puppets trash Radiohead hotel room – 2006
- Radiohead on MuchMoreMusic – 2004
- RADIOHEAD ON KROQ BREAKFAST SHOW – 2003
- THERE THERE IN HIV AWARENESS COMMERCIAL – 2003