Radiohead are playing their first New York City show at the Roseland Ballroom tonight. We’ll try to keep you updated on the show here.
Alright, since Ade is at the show tonight, I (Sean) will do my best to keep this post up to date with the setlist. For now, the doors are open and fans are filing in.
A new “tour” means new merch. There are four new t-shirts, four posters, a Roseland totebag, and a very limited (to 80) vinyl set of the TKOL remixes at the merch table.
Band on: 10:15pm. Celebs on the list: Cameron Diaz, Kid Rock (singing along), Chris Martin, Ed Norton.
Clive Deamer is, as expected, playing with the band. However, there is no horn section.
- Little By Little
- Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
- Subterranean Homesick Alien (first performance since Red Rocks 2003) Thom: ‘This is a piano’ as its being moved center stage. ‘anyone know a joke about a piano?.. This one is slightly older than the other one’
- All I Need
- The One I Love/Everything In Its Right Place
- Lotus Flower (Thom: “That’s the video when I officially became an embarrassing dad. And I’m proud of it.”)
- 15 Step
- The Daily Mail
- Give Up The Ghost (just Thom and Jonny)
- The National Anthem
- Good Morning Mr Magpie
- Street Spirit (Fade Out)
- Nude – Thom: ‘This one is called Nude. You probably should help me. Cause I’m obviously going senile. New Yaawk!’
And that’s it. I think the band may have had some curfew issues but fought to come back out for the second encore.
Subterranean Homesick Alien
For those who are attending the shows, please read this message from the band:
Some ticket holders for this week’s New York shows have chosen to re-sell one or both of their allocation on auction sites. Using a 2 ticket limit and will-call only access with ID, we have tried to ensure that more tickets go to the people who prefer to see the show than to fleece fellow fans with re-selling tickets at exorbitant prices.
For those of you who have to pay over the face value of the ticket, PLEASE make sure that you are certain you can get into the show before parting with your money. A ticket is only valid with its matching credit card details and the ID of the purchaser, after which the ticket holder will be escorted straight through.
On a lighter note, we played on The Colbert Report last night. It was funny.
Hope this link works where you are: http://www.colbertnation.com/