Radiohead have enjoyed their week in New York City with shows at Roseland Ballroom and their TV appearances (Saturday Night Live, Colbert Report and Jimmy Fallon), and are making plans for the rest of the year.
On playing the two recent New York show, Colin Greenwood told NME: “We’ve not had much of a chance to play ‘The King Of Limbs’ live. There was the Glastonbury performance, but with our own shows we can have the full production. We’re getting together this week to talk about our plans for the rest of the year. We’re having a brilliant time, so obviously we want to keep it going.”
When asked about Clive Deamer, who was the second drummer at the shows, Colin said: “It’s every bass player’s fantasy, being surrounded by all this amazing rhythm stuff. An ongoing arrangement? Yes, it’s working out great. Obviously Clive steps aside when we play the older stuff. But it’s been a lot of fun – we’ve known Clive since about 1995,” he concluded.
Commenting on the Wall Street protesters – Radiohead were rumoured to play last Friday – Colin stated that he sympathized with the protesters: “Of course. I understand people feeling frustrated with Wall Street, anyone would be, especially as those institutions were bailed out by taxpayers’ money. I don’t think that’s a controversial thing to say.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead on Austin City Limits airs this Saturday – 2012
- Watch Thom & Jonny perform Give Up The Ghost at Jimmy Fallon – 2011
- Radiohead’s ‘Kid A’ is Pitchfork’s nr. 1 album of the 2000s – 2009
- Radiohead to sign record deal, CD out in January – 2007
- Bodysong out on DVD in USA – 2005
- At Ease Project 01 | Update – 2004
- Saul Williams on ‘Optimistic’ – 2004
- JONNY: WE DIDN’T WRITE THAT Q MESSAGE – 2003
- RADIOHEAD ON LETTERMAN – 2003
- Radiohead in Rolling Stone’s all time album list – 2002