Radiohead have revealed more on their upcoming tour. Ed O’Brien talked about their 2012 tour with BBC 6Music.
Ed O’Brien spoke with with 6Music on their current live set: “I think the important thing is that it’s got to be a set in itself, it’s got to work. Last time we went out, it felt very much like In Rainbows plus the greatest hits. And it’s not going to be like that this time. I guess it’s going to be predominantly from this record and the last record, and then see which songs fit around that.”
When asked when the tour should take place: “We’re just finalizing dates for next year that will run from the end of february to i guess november. We’ll be in the UK, we’ll be in the US, the usual ports of call.”
And on the type of venues the band will be playing: “Some of the shows will be outside, but the ones in Europe will are gonna be inside and I think that’s very much a reaction to when we played last time, we did all outside shows. We played in the height of summer and compromised our production. We’d like to give Andi, our lighting guy a good crack of the whip of the production. Outdoor gigs can be great, but the sound can get diluted a bit. You miss the bass as well. Outside gigs can be the gigs, but you’re at the mercy of the elements and I think the record demands a space where the music is loud, strong and detailed.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Live in Antwerp – Live Report – 2012
- Jonny Greenwood on Penderecki, Messiaen and the BBC Concert Orchestra – 2010
- Thom Yorke, Mark Ronson team up for Silent Single for UK Charity – 2010
- Jonny Greenwood’s Century Of Piano – 2009
- Radiohead start world tour in May ’08 – 2007
- Radiohead 2005 Calendar – 2004
- THE STREETS ON RADIOHEAD – 2003
- 2+2=5 SINGLE COVERS – 2003
- Thom in Bjork documentary – 2002
- James Lavelle on Radiohead – 2002