Radiohead will be releasing the tracks The Daily Mail and Staircase next week. The two tracks surfaced on new music service Deezer.com.
The Daily Mail and Staircase were recorded during The King Of Limbs sessions, but did not end up on Radiohead’s latest album. Both tracks were included in this year’s live performances, as well as their upcoming DVD The King Of Limbs – From The Basement.
Now, new French based music service Deezer.com (comparable to Spotify) are rolling out their services in 200 countries in the coming months (still no USA or Japan though) and a new Radiohead single surfaced, entitled, ‘The Daily Mail & Staircase’. Cover art is included, except the tracks don’t stream till the release date: December 19.
The Daily Mail is 3:37 long and the Staircase runs for 4:31, both versions are taken from the From The Basement sessions.
Update: Amazon.com has the single online as well now, listed for $1.98 with the same release date.
Update 2: The songs are now added to the official King Of Limbs store. Pre-order wave files for £ 2.49 and mp3s for £ 1.50
Here are The Daily Mail and Staircase from Radiohead’s From The Basement session:
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead add extra Dublin & Milan dates – 2007
- Tickets for Paris, Nimes & Barcelona on sale – 2007
- Maple/Fontana to release ‘In Rainbows’ in Canada – 2007
- Thom on The Eraser remixes – 2006
- Radiohead.tv dvd review – 2004
- 2+2=5 on Long Way Round soundtrack – 2004
- Reviews – 2003
- Montreux Festival Broadcast – 2003
- Thom Yorke slams ‘grey haired buffoons’ of the World Bank – 2000
- Radiohead’s Kid A voted best record of 2000 by Pitchfork – 2000