Last week one track from the Jonny Greenwood/Krzysztof Penderecki album premiered on NPR. Now you can listen to the full album.
The collaboration between the Radiohead guitarist and the Polish composer will be out via NoneSuch on March 13th. NPR streams the full album already.
The collection features two string pieces written by the elder composer, 1960′s Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima and 1961′sPolymorphia for 48 strings, juxtaposed with two of Greenwood’s similarly set answers to Penderecki’s work: Popcorn Superhet Receiver (inspired by Threnody) and 48 Responses to Polymorphia. Here, they both choose to use a seemingly antiquated vehicle — orchestral strings — to convey the noise, chaos and energy of our time. The results are ear-tingling.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Dallas – Live Report – 2012
- Radiohead announce US East Coast & Canada tour dates – 2012
- ‘OK Computer’ MTV’s Greatest Album Ever nomination – 2009
- Wyrd Sisters still battling Weird Sisters – 2008
- Coachella & Aussie tickets update – 2004
- Chris Blair on Radiohead – 2003
- Playlist for Radiohead Webcast 10th Feb 2000 – 2000
- Playlist for second Radiohead webcast – 2000