Last night in Glendale, Radiohead wrapped up the first leg of their 2012 tour. The show included the first performance of Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box since the September 11, 2001 show in Berlin. The new arrangement of the song is much closer to the version that appeared on Amnesiac than what the band was playing on the 2001 tour.
The first leg of the tour also saw the band play Kid A several times. And again, it sounds quite different to the way it’s been played in the past. Personally, I think this might be the best it’s ever sounded live.
Finally, here’s Identikit which Thom describes as his favourite of the new songs (evidenced by the fact they played this one at every gig but one). This one is sounding better and better with each performance.
Thanks to Suprefan for the videos.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Listen to ‘Ego’ & ‘Mirror’ by Thom Yorke, Burial & Four Tet – 2011
- Radiohead live in Mexico City – Night 1 – 2009
- Trent Reznor: ‘In Rainbows’ promotion was ‘insincere’ – 2008
- DAS catch-of-the-day – 2007
- A warning shot from Danny Masterson – 2005
- New ‘Worm Buffet’ shirt at w.a.s.t.e. – 2004
- Radiohead turn down ‘Creep’ cover request – 2004
- Flaming Lips release Knives Out cover – 2003
- Radiohead tickets update – 2003
- ‘Radiohead gig in Brazil almost certain’ – 2002