Stanley Downwood will be showing new work in Los Angeles. The artist responsible for Radiohead’s artwork since the early nineties has a show from April 28 to May 26, 2012.
Today is the opening of Stanley Donwood’s new show LOST ANGELES. The Lost Angeles piece is similar to the London Views artwork, which was also used for Thom Yorke’s The Eraser. The opening is today, and Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich are likely to throw in a DJ Set later tonight. On the right a picture posted by Nigel Godrich on Twitter.
New prints are available including Hollywood Dooom and Tremendous Meteorite, the latter screenprint includes 24 carat gold. Stanley, who’s finishing up the exhibition at Subliminal Projects: “So, I’ve been here in Los Angeles for a few days now, setting up the show, and it’s almost done. The eighteen feet of black ink hand-burnished onto a roll of Japanese mulberry bark fibre paper that is the entire length of Lost Angeles is mounted on its custom-built curved wall (see above) and the same goes for London Views. All of the other works are framed and hung; the catalogs arrive today (I hope) and preparations for both private views are advancing towards some sort of climax. I’m afraid that my photos are so rubbish that I won’t post them here, but I’m awaiting some better ones from people who can operate a camera without the results looking as if they were taken underwater by a marionette.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead’s King Of Limbs newspaper album has arrived – 2011
- Prince covers ‘Creep’ at Coachella – 2008
- The ultimate Radiohead Top 20 2006 – 2006
- Pitchfork reviews new tracks – 2005
- Radiohead still heading for Coachella – 2004
- W.a.s.t.e. tickets refunds for cancelled show – 2004
- Bodysong nominated for Ivor Novello award – 2004
- Radiohead cancel Melbourne show – 2004
- Second part of the Radiohead Story online – 2003
- Website for Greek tickets finally online – 2000