Yup, there’s a new Smashing Pumpkins record and Billy Corgan’s doing interviews blasting Radiohead and Jonny Greenwood.
Speaking to Antiquiet the Smashing Pumpkins frontman said he will piss on Radiohead: “I can’t think of any people outside of Weird Al Yankovic who have both embraced and pissed on rock more than I have. Obviously there’s a level of reverence, but there’s also a level of intelligence to even know what to piss on. Because I’m not pissing on Rainbow. I’m not pissing on Deep Purple. But I’ll piss on fucking Radiohead, because of all this pomposity. This value system that says Jonny Greenwood is more valuable than Ritchie Blackmore. Not in the world I grew up in.
“Is Ritchie Blackmore a better guitar player than me and Jonny Greenwood? Yes. Have we all made valuable contributions? Yes. I’m not attacking that. I’m attacking the pomposity that says this is more valuable than that. I’m sick of that. I’m so fucking sick of that. I’m so fucking sick of it and nobody seems to tire of it.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Camden – Live Report – 2012
- Gene Simmons (KISS): Radiohead are boring – 2008
- Bonnaroo ’06: House of Cards video – 2008
- Ed on LP7: ‘WE ARE NEARLY THERE’ – 2007
- Radiohead in New York – Night 1 Live Report – 2006
- Ateaseweb.com poll: Thom Yorke & The Big Ask – 2006
- Live 8 – Bono has a missile for Thom – 2005
- Access Magazine interview and more reviews – 2003
- Join in the Radiohead thief hunt – 2003
- Toronto gig confirmed – 2003