Today marks the 15th anniversary of Radiohead’s third album OK Computer.
Released in the UK on June 16th 1997, the record soon became a classic album in music history and reached the number one position in the UK album charts. OK Computer has sold 4.5 million copies worldwide so far.
I remember buying the album on friday june 13th – albums in the Netherlands are released 3 days before the official release date – at my local record store. And yes, people actually went to record stores to get new music. I think there weren’t that many albums I played so many times, over and over again. Also in anticipation of Radiohead’s live show in Utrecht, only a week later. 15 years later, OK Computer is still one of my favourite albums of all time. Today is OK Computer Day!
When did you first hear OK Computer? Did it kick in right away? Do you still give it a spin now and then? Love to know. Please share.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Stage in Toronto Collapses – Show Cancelled – 2012
- Radiohead live in Toronto – Live Report – 2012
- Cymbal Rush at Arenes de Nimes – 2008
- Cymbal Rush in Arenes de Nimes – 2008
- Colin: ‘Radiohead should start a book club’ – 2008
- Nigel Godrich posts bits and pieces of LP7 tracks – 2007
- The Eraser snippets online – 2006
- Stanley: its all lies – 2006
- Stanley Donwood talks to Billboard – 2006
- Chris O’Riley debuts on Billboard Crossover Chart – 2005