The Flaming Lips were scheduled to play in Toronto on the same day as Radiohead in Toronto. The band covered Knives Out in their honour.
Frontman Wayne Coyne send out a lot of tweets before the tragedy at Downsview Park in Toronto, where Radiohead drum technician Scott Johnson lost his life. After the incident Wayne Coyne paid respect to Radiohead and those who got hurt. As you know, the Radiohead show was cancelled, the Flaming Lips show still happened at Dundas Square.
The band played their cover of Knives Out for the Radiohead family. “This unthinkable thing that happened today, we can’t all help but be affected by it. Peace be with their hearts tonight. This has been a pretty powerful day. This goes out to the Radiohead family.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead drum tech Scott Johnson dies at Toronto Stage Collapse – 2012
- Radiohead’s Paranoid Android as covered by 35 YouTubers – 2011
- Weezer want to play ‘Creep’ with fans – 2008
- Radiohead: Live in Milan – Night 1 [live report] – 2008
- Nigel Godrich on recording Nude: The Timeline – 2008
- Radiohead live at Bonnaroo ’06 – Live Report – 2006
- on the shitlist – 2006
- MTV2 broadcasts Shepherds Bush show – 2004
- ‘Hail to the Thief’ straight to number 1 – 2003
- Radiohead back in Portugal? – 2003