Atoms For Peace have changed the release date for their debut album Amok. A couple of weeks ago the date for ‘AMOK’ was set for the end of January, but was quickly withdrawn. Today, a press release states that the album will be out on February 25th in Europe and the 26th in North America.
Atoms For Peace, the collaboration between Thom Yorke, Nigel Godrich, Joey Waronker, Mauro Refosco and Flea, are currently working out their tour plans. The album cover, by Stanley Donwood, has been released, as well as a new website at atomsforpeace.info.’Amok’ will be available on CD, Deluxe CD, LP, Deluxe LP and download.
Thom Yorke on the record release: “So finally I can tell you the Atoms for Peace record is coming out on the 25th February, it’s called Amok. We put something new on the website for you to stare at etc for a while here.. www.atomsforpeace.info
It’s a while to wait i know so i’m sure some other things will occur before then. We formed to learn to play The Eraser record, if you don’t know that, and discovered a really good energy doing that.. and it fell into this record.
I’m still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year !We’re figuring all that out right now.
Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain…. which is what is nice about it.”
Before Your Very Eyes
Stuck Together Pieces
Judge Jury Executioner
Radiohead news on this day..
- Grammy Nominations for Radiohead – 2008
- Radiohead Box to include bonus live album – 2007
- European dates and venues now revealed – 2007
- Thom performs 2 new tracks for ‘From the basement’ – 2006
- Moby on his ‘Creep’ covers – 2003
- Amnesty skateboard auction starts tomorrow – 2003
- Radiohead’s Grammy nominations – 2003
- Ateaseweb.com wins ‘Best Fan Site’ award – 2003
- How about that Radiohead DVD? – 2003
- NME’S Radiohead feature – 2003