Radiohead are getting back together in September of this year to start working on their ninth album.
In an interview with Colin Greenwood in South African Mail & Guardian, the bassist said the band are on a 9 month break till September. Colin was also interviewed by BBC 6 Music confirming the get-together “We’re taking some time out whilst people are doing some other stuff, doing their own things, and the plan is to get back together again [at the] end of the summer.”
The piece in Mail & Guardian is a good read about Colin’s charity work for the Children’s Radio Foundation (CRF), which has more than 50 youth radio projects across Africa – Greenwood is a CRF ambassador who is on his first visit to South Africa, where the Unicef-funded organisation is training children at 12 community radio stations across the country.
More on Radiohead, Colin: “Thom said Radiohead is like the United Nations and he is America!” And you? “I could be like Russia or China on the Security Council … No, no, I could be like France, with pretensions of grandeur of power, but have none at all … “
There is one part of the Radiohead UN where Greenwood will want to wield some power, though, and that is about the band coming to play in South Africa on their next world tour. He is clearly smitten with the country and the people he has met.
“I phoned my agent this morning,” he told me. “I told him that we have to come and play here.”
Read the full interview here.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead’s new album ‘The King Of Limbs’ available for pre-order – 2011
- Tickets for Radiohead’s May shows on sale now – 2008
- Potential ‘Radiohead Greatest Hits’ album covers – 2008
- And the winner is… – 2007
- Phil Selway and John McCusker to produce album – 2007
- Another Radiohead tribute album in the works – 2006
- Radiohead gives Low hope – 2005
- NME Awards on MTV2 – 2004